Sunday 11 December 2016

If you go travelling, don't go with your parents

I hate doing outdoor activities of any kind. I prefer to go to the gym. You can be sure that it's never to wet to go running. My dad adores to walk long distances. My father decided to organize a TRIP. A hill walking trip. I'm a lazy person and pretty clumsy (as you may know) so I was unwilling to go. I meant to tell him the truth but I didn't want to upset him. One week later I regretted lying to my dad.
We went by train to a town in the extreme south of Poland, to a perfect destination for mountaineering, skiing or a classical hill walking. We set off in the morning with our heavy rucksacks. I had taken an anorak to avoid getting wet, but the weather was exceptional for the time of year. Two days later I was praying for the rains to come. I was dreaming of spending a whole day in a rest house. Or in a stable, just like Jesus.
On the last day we didn't stop on the mountain to admire the scenery. The view was breathtaking. Before we reached our destination... Ohh, I wouldn't have broken my finger while climbing a mountain if I weren't there. If only I were more selfish...
Oh, my dad joined a hill walking club. He and his new friends are involved in other activities such as cycling or trips overseas. To my relief I don't have to accompany him.

I adore that video :D Abort sport! ...But I wish I had a flatter stomach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqhwcDtE7vI

1 comment:

  1. This video has really made me laugh, especially in the context of your story :D

    ReplyDelete