Friday 9 June 2017

14

I'm a typical movie buff. I could spend every day watching movies. Things are getting more complicated when I want to watch a movie with my friend who is also a movie freak. She has seen everything, so we only watch the latest new movies. 

The Girl on the Train

I figured out immediately who was the killer with no effort. Fortunately, I haven't read the book. Surprisingly, recently every blockbuster book results a complete sh... trash. I read an academic article about the necessity of creating a new literary genre. Blockbuster books have some similarities in the narrative elements and in the emotional reaction that the book produces. As it achieves enormous sales, the plot has to be very simple. Nowadays, people prefer a light reading. Oh, wasn't the "50 shades of Grey" a page-turner? Another brilliant blockbuster book. Strangely, I flipped through that book. 

The script is also a complete trash, but The Girl on the Train has a stellar cast. Emily Blunt's acting is incredibly good. I was certain that Jennifer Lawrence (Megan) had botox injected into her cheeks or she just wanted to know what was the aesthetic medicine in practice. But... it wasn't her! The director featured Haley Bennett in that role! To my pure astonishment, she was quite good at imitating Lawrence. 

So... The script was terrible. Rachel takes the train to work in New York and the train passes near her house where she was living with her former husband. She was also watching a couple (o spying on them) who lives near: Megan and Scott. Ok, I got tired. The plot summary: murder, alcoholism, love affair, hangover.

Another unnecessary waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment