Sunday 1 January 2017

Why do I love Ireland?

Something has changed in my life since my first trip to Ireland. I substituted Polish butter with the Irish one. OK, I should be a little bit more serious.
Undoubtedly, Ireland is a wonder of nature. I'm pretty sure that sheep outnumber the Irish population. While I was trying to sleep in a bus, sheep seemed like a white specks in the distance. The view was stunning. I would like to say that the hotel in Dublin in which I was staying had a better view. Car parks also can be interesting architecturally.
The landscape in Cork seemed bleak. The night was foggy... and I've got a vivid imagination . Too many gloomy books. I have a strong willing to watch Burton's movies. Sweeney Todd for example. My mum doesn't let me watch that movie, because I always torture her with singing "Johanaaaaaaaa I feeeel youuuuu". I sing like a nightingale. Unfortunately, like a moribund nightingale.
My bucket list is vast as the Irish sea. I have always wanted to drink a beer in an Irish pub. After a long and tiresome search, I found a perfect place. I was in a sweat. I was afraid of buying beer in english. I was trying to overcome my fear, I was overcome with joy when I said correctly "a half PINT of Guinness". That was easy, but the next step was to buy a beer for my friend. I asked if he had a non-alcoholic beer. The typical Irish barman answered me "vvubbhsbdhse." In fact, I didn't understand what he said to me. I flushed and I didn't know what to say. The barman breathed a sigh of relief and explained me that " dsdhsavdkas" was the name of a non-alcoholic beer. He added that non-alcoholic beer is not a beer and it's better to avoid it. It soon became clear that I truly adore Irish pubs.

Johanna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUvfFKHkKno

The best song ever (please be patient - it's worth waiting)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEnaoydUUo

Another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbyzgeee2mg

No comments:

Post a Comment