Friday 12 May 2017

Spain

A few years ago my friend told me that living in Spain has no downside. I fondly believed her (thanks for having ruined* my holidays). Sea with nicely sandy beach, wonderful weather, tasty food and extremely handsome boys - so how could I have a rough time? I was struggling with problems. Plenty of problems. So... 

1. Weather.
In the north of Spain, the weather is capricious. It wasn't raining all the time, something worse was happening - short rain showers. The afternoons were so baking that every occasional shower was annoying me. My skin was sticky and I was sweating even when I was drinking cool baverages.

2. Kids. It's so obvious that I went abroad to discover other people and their culture.Strangely, kids behave unkindly while their parents are polite and affable. I have never met a Spanish lovable kid. Many times I heard "Your son is thriving" and I thought that he is on the right lines to become another rude child. 

3. I was fed up with... lack of hygiene and respect. 
I will be honest. I didn’t do an adequate research before coming. Frankly speaking, Spaniards are scruff. Dumps of clothes lying on their bed, rooms that are a complete state... My Spanish friend was wearing the same clothes for three or four days. Did I mention that she was using that clothes as pyjamas? Strangely, she didn't stink!

4. They talk out loud. I adore it! My dad says that I'm as deaf as a board. He should win a prize for being a great father. Unfortunately, I almost went deaf. I have bad hearing because of
otitis

5. They never show up at the prearranged time. Do you think that I'm describing a stereotypical Spaniard? Nope. Even at the university we have longer breaks because of latecomers :D

So... I can’t wait to move to Spain.





*Could you correct it? I'm not sure :(

No comments:

Post a Comment