Sunday 10 December 2017

Excessive consumerism. Part I

Shopping deprivation has become my worst nightmare.


The modern society has imposed on us some rules. As you may know, I'm a private tutor. In recent years I've met people from different social classes. I've spent time with many victims of excessive consumerism what lead me to... let my guard down. Obviously, I was criticizing them, but I was doing it with kindness because I'm polite :D 

To my mind, we are overwhelmed by advertisements that are telling us what we need. I have never been so impulsive in the way in which I spend my money. A clear example of this is the burning desire of spending 179 in a simple red bra. Intimissimi has launched an aggressive advertising campaign which attacks my most vulnerable point. I adore Christmas. The intensive red color of the bra reminds me of Christmas. Consequently, it has captivated me (I've already seen the bra on Facebook, TV, at a leaflet etc.). Normally I try to acquire only the goods that I need. Nevertheless, I purchased plenty of clothes because of perceiving some of it as work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment