Wednesday 27 December 2017

10 Christmas markets

I had never wanted to add Estonia to my travel list. Neither Latvia nor Lithuania had become one of the destinations from my bucket list. Surprisingly, last year I spread across all these countries during winter (Lithuania is known for roads in bad conditions). Furthermore, I visited these territories before Christmas and after (a small) blizzard. As my boyfriend is a total Grinch, we couldn't have visited all of the Christmas markets. Fortunately, the most important ones were set in the market squares. So I has a quite good excuse to get buzzed...eee, to savour mulled wine or glogg.

The charm of the markets was unforgettable. Undoubtedly, the markets stalls varied in every country. In Latvia handcrafted goods had captivated me. Buying gifts had always been a great dilemma. Thanks to Lithuanian artisans I purchased personalised gifts. To my pure surprise, everybody was satisfied. I would like to know the difference between receiving socks from Lithuania and the Polish ones haha. There is a little likelihood that next Christmas I will eventually buy something different(and decent).

No comments:

Post a Comment