Saturday 22 April 2017

Tutoring

To my mind, tutoring only has downsides.

1. Print-outs. Considering the price of a lesson, I can't provide print-outs for every student. I usually send it via e-mail. Some of my clients prefer to rewrite exercises. Seriously? I've forgotten that I live in Poznań. People from Poznań, don't be so tight! Ebenezer Scrooge is the master of cheeseparing, not you.

2. Strangely, strange people choose my offer. I get along with many nuts but I don't accept every psycho :D Once I had to translate a song and teach a girl how to read in Spanish. Does it sound normal? Her dream was to sing Enrique Iglesias' song. During our class, she was singing his love song. If I were lesbian I would fall in love with her. She was the first person who has sung me a love song. It means that my love life sucks. I should be more gentle.

3. Tutoring is not a form of sponsoring. A few months ago a mystery man visited me. He was quite handsome. So I gave him a textbook and... he was completely confounded. To my pure astonishment, he explained to me that I didn't actually tell that I'm a prostitute, but it was implicit in the way in which I said that I'm a t-u-t-o-r.

4. I won't say anything about deceitful people. They owe me some money.

5. My friend was telling me that tutoring is a rewarding job. She was annoying me, however, I was proud of her. Looking at tutoring through rose-colored glasses was an impressive achievement, therefore, she was a hero for me.

I've never been good at prevailing my body language. I finally learn how to not show annoyance in my speech and... I can do it here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment